A M M Y
W U, M. D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
of Surgical Artistry, Inc
staff [at] surgerytoday.com
2336 Sylvan Avenue, Suite C, Modesto, CA 95355
Home Page (Dr. Tammy Wu, Plastic
Surgery, Modesto, CA)
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery: Hernia Surgery, Breast
Cancer, Gallbladder Surgery (Dr. Calvin Lee)
- Acupuncture (Dr. Calvin Lee)
- Vein Treatments / Procedures / Ultrasound / Laser -
Insurances Taken by Dr. Wu & Dr. Lee are on
different insurance panels
- Purpose of this web page: To display other
spas in Modesto, medical spas, and day spas.
Our Office/Contact (located in
- Appointments via telephone: 209-551-1888.
We also offer medi-spa treatments feel free to give us a call. Our
advantage is that most of our procedures are done by a board certified
plastic surgeon (Dr. Tammy Wu).
- Email: tammywumd [at] surgerytoday.com ,
we would love to hear from you.
- Best way to keep in touch is through the above
email and this website.
Day Spas/ Medi Spas / Medspas in the Modesto Area, a
comprehensive listing updated 9/8/07, updated again 3/23/08:
- Renee's Day Spa, Modesto
- MD Laser Center - Ted Staahl, MD, Facial Plastic Surgery, ENT, Modesto
- MD Plus Medical Spa- Grady Mixon, MD, Anesthesia, Modesto
- Modesto Lipodissolve Clinic - on Coffee Rd, Modesto
- Spa on Dale Road (being built, coming soon), Modesto
- Gold's Gym on Pelandale, Modesto
- Skin - a Laser Day Spa, Modesto
- Skin Renew - MediSpa, Modesto
- A Thousand Cranes, Modesto
- Illumina, Modesto (I think they moved locations, but still in Modesto,
- Intimo Skin Care (formerly Studio Skin Care)
- Salon Deville, Modesto
- Peach Tree Medical Spa, 1101 Standiford Avenue, Modesto, CA 95350
- Pele Fina Skin and Day Spa, Modesto
- Serenity Day Spa, Modesto
- Heavenly Spa, Modesto
- Valley Paramedical Skin Care, on Tully Rd., Modesto,
- Valley Laser Care (Dr. Patrick Rhoades, Rehabilitation specialist)
- Versailles Salon & Spa, Modesto
- Studio Skincare Centre, Modesto, Tami Smith, esthetician, offers Murad
Professional spa services
- Advanced Laser Clinic of Modesto, a medical corporation
- Advanced Lipodissolve Clinic - part of Advanced Laser Clinic of Modesto.
- Nirvana Skin Care, 826 W Morris Ave, Modesto, CA
- Above Lasers (abovelasers, Ceres, CA) run by Dr. Evnin - free
cosmetic consults. Dr. Kerry Evnin, M.D., American Board
Certified Family Physician, is pleased to be one of the first
physicians in the world selected to offer Fraxel Laser Treatment.
Has Sciton and Contour Lasers.
- Eterna Medi Spa, Turlock
- Absolute Tranquility, Turlock
- Fontis Spa & Salon, Turlock
- La Piu Bella, Turlock 209-669-7733
- The Spa of Turlock, Turlock, Owners Ralph and Bobbi Clayton
- Advanced Cosmetic Laser Center, John Willsen, MD, Turlock
- Bella's Day Spa, Waterford
- Allure Medical Spa, 1521 N. Carpenter Rd. Ste D1B, Modesto, CA 95351
- American Laser Centers, 1400 Florida Avenue #203 209-521-1357,
2300 McHenry Ave
Modesto, CA 95350
LaserSoft, 1401 Spanos
Touch Laser - MD - Golden Touch Laser MD Spa, on Spanos Court, Dr. Paul
Golden, board certified Internal Medicine since 1977, Sue
(located in the light-industrial area behind BMW - Modesto)
- There are medi-spas
inquiring about moving to the offices by commercial PMZ on Scenic; however,
I don't think there is enough parking
- Hartley Laser
- Theraspa / Chau
Chiropractic / Lipo-Help / 209-577-8597 / They do Medspa services:
Lipodissolve, Laser services, body contouring, massage therapy, and
mesotherapy, and aesthetician services
MichelleKiernan1@yahoo.com 02225 Plaza prkwy #p6, Modesto, CA 95350
This list keeps growing.
Did you know that there are more day spas in America than there are Starbucks
Offerings in Day Spas may include:
- Acupressure Massage
- Stone Therapy Massage
- European Facials
- Body Wraps
- Salt Scrubs
- Micro Dermabrasion
- Pedicures & Manicures
- Revitalight Skin Treatments
- Oxygen Skin Therapy
- Glycolic Acid Treatments
- Skin Peels, light, chemical skin peels
- Ampoules - botanical substances
- Parafin Mask
- Collagen Eye Treatment
- Makeup Consultation and Application,
Wedding, Bride, etc.
- Color Analysis Sessions
- Natural Manicures and Pedicures
- Spider vein removal
- Varicose Vein removal
- Photorejuvenation / IPL
- Facial / Leg vein removal
- Acne Treatments
- Rosacea Treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Lymphatic Drainage
- NIA 24
- Scar Guard - to help your scars look better
(also available at our office
- Please e-mail us with suggestions and comments:
staff [at] surgerytoday.com (ie,
if you're not on this list)
Thank you for visiting our plastic surgery website.
And stay tuned for more information about our new office in Modesto,
Be sure to visit the home page for Tammy Wu, MD Board
Certified Plastic Surgeon:
This listing is provided for your convenience, we do not
provide any endorsements on any of the spas listed on this page.
A stand alone medspa?
We thought about starting a stand alone medi spa, but
because of the recent negativity surrounding the financial difficulties of
running a spa. We decided to keep our spa practice within our walls of our
An example of this
negative medispa article from the Wall Street Journal. However we hope
this isn't a trend that continues. We may plan to open our own free
standing medspa in the next few years.
If the link doesn't work, here's a brief summary:
"Medspa Boom Becomes Bust"
WSJ by Rhonda Rundle Nov 2006
- St. Louis franchise focusing on hair removal made
an annual revenue of $3 million after opening for two years. However a
in April 2006, he lost it all due to costs for marketing, staff, and
franchise fees to Sona MedSpa International Inc.
- The owner says that his hair removal machine
sometimes required more than 5 treatments. (costs about $1000 for five
treatments at this center)
- In the last three years, the number of medspas (medispas)
more than tripled.
- Licensing rules differ from state to state.
In Florida, a law took effect in July 2006 which says that only
dermatologists and plastic surgeons can supervise a medical spa, unless it's
the physician's own office.
- In 2005 a North Carolina woman died from an
overdose of a numbing cream she was given before a laser hair-removal
- 10-30% of medispas are franchises.
- Several franchisees say that they are given
overated financial projections and underestimated initial start up cost,
including working capital.
- Then the article profiled several other spas that
had recently closed.
As an aside, in our own experience. We enjoy
running our medi-spa part of our practice. We have microderm, lasers, a
great aesthetician, vein procedures, we sell NIA 24, Scar Guard, Obagi products.
Our experience (now in our second year with the medi-spa aspect of our
practice), shows that we are doing relatively well financially from this
standpoint - the veins being the best part of this "spa" practice, but it is a
small part of our financial picture. We see our medi-spa services as a
service to our clients / patients. Our surgeries are still the main part
of our practice financially and medically. However our number may be
slightly skewed because we include vein SURGERIES as part of the "Spa"
experience. Some may eliminate the SURGERIES from our analysis for the spa
Regarding our advertising expenses. We spend very
little on advertising for the medical spa or at all for that matter. We
rely mostly on word-of-mouth.
Best of luck if you're thinking about a medical spa.
© Tammy Wu, MD Plastic Surgeon 2003-2006 all rights
reserved. Modesto Plastic Surgery. Updated
Surgical Artistry, Inc.
Surgical Artistry is a husband-wife team of dedicated
surgeons who provide services in Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Acupuncture,
and Vein Procedures. Dr. Calvin Lee is a board certified General Surgeon who
specializes in veins, gallbladders, hernias, breast cancer, and acupuncture.
Dr. Tammy Wu is a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in Breast and
body contouring such as tummy tucks and liposuction. They have been practicing
surgery in Modesto since 2003. Under the same roof, botox, lasers, facials, and
skin care products are also available.
In addition to superb surgical skills, our focus is
communication. Many of our consultations take about an hour to ensure that we
become partners in your surgery and that we share the same goals. Our patients
have access to our cell phones to call with any questions, and email is also a
possible means of communication. We are very technology savvy, in fact this web
page is made by Dr. Calvin Lee. Our technology advantage also helps us in your
surgical / medical care. We only use the highest grade technology and materials
in our practice. This high quality standard and accepting nothing less is our
philosophy for our family, for our lives, and for our patients.
There are many other advantages of having a plastic
surgeon and general surgeon working together. The practice gets a fusion of
ideas and techniques that benefit our patients. For example, for breast cancer,
Dr. Calvin Lee and Dr. Tammy Wu frequently work together to remove the cancer
and then reconstruct the breast. The doctors are always discussing ways to
combine their talents. This hybridized surgical group is a very unique
combination which ultimately benefits our patients. Even more special is the
addition of Dr. Calvin Lee's acupuncture knowledge which adds a holistic and
more natural approach to healing from your surgery.
If you are committed to self improvement and excellent
health; Surgical Artistry is committed to helping you achieve your goals.
Our other web pages related to our practice of medicine
/ plastic surgery / acupuncture / veins:
Plastic Surgery] [New to Modesto?]
[Modesto Surgery] [Spider
Veins Varicose Veins] [Acupuncture
/ Alternative Medicine in Modesto] [Breast
Augmentation Resource] [Beyond Nip
Tuck] [Docs Play the Pops]
[Modesto Skin Care] [Ask
Dr. Wu - the best pages in Modesto Plastic Surgery]
Other spas in Modesto is an attempt to catalog the
Spa-type places in Modesto that offer a medical slant - towards a medi-spa
type environment. We know that there are more spas than starbucks in the
U.S. Thus, it's hard to keep this listing current.