I have the Nikon Coolpix S9700
Nifty purchase from Costco, here in Modesto. I’m thinking about using it in our Modesto Plastic Surgery practice or our Modesto Botox practice – at least the staff could have fun using it for whatever purpose they would need it for in the medical office. They could document packages which arrive. Or they could document any leaks in the roof if any (fingers crossed).
How to figure out Panaroma on the Nikon CoolPix S9700
I couldn’t exactly figure out how to do Panaroma on this camera, but I stumbled upon it by fiddling around with it. I’m sure it’s probably in the manual, but I haven’t even gotten that far yet.
It wasn’t the most intuitive because it didn’t have a button on the camera which says “panorama.” That would just be way too easy.
I’m thinking this would work on several other in the Nikon Cool pix series.
Step by step Panarama:
- Turn camera on
- Rotate the top right dial to “Scene”
- Press “menu” on the bottom right of the camera (when looking at the camera screen)
- The on the screen, scroll down to the choice that says “easy panorma”
- Select how “wide” of a panorama you want: it will ask you to choose between 180 degrees or 360 degrees. Usually I find 180 degrees to be sufficient.
- Then press the shutter button and start rotating the camera to the right/left or rotating the camera up/down. The motion needs to be stead. Follow the on screen prompts.
For some reason it wasn’t straight forward for me.