Recently my good friend Dana posted an informative blog about drinking some warm lemon infused water every morning. Included in her blog was other recipes regarding real-fruit flavored water – some of which are found at upscale resorts.
My strange mind decided to think about the benefits of Vitamin C.
First of all, I wondered which citrus fruit had more vitamin C: Orange or Lemon?
As it turns out, an orange has more vitamin C than a Lemon. And the grapefruit fell in between the two. Source of info: Livestrong.com
One of the benefits of Vitamin C is better skin
- At our Modesto, CA office, Surgical Artistry Plastic Surgery, we carry various vitamin C serums. Including those from Obagi. We have a page about Obagi Peels which uses certain acids. (Vitamin C is an acid too). Vitamin C serum works well together with those using Botox to prevent wrinkles.
Vitamin C denatures with heat
- There are many sources that say that 70 degrees Celsius is the temperature at which Vitamin C is denatured.
- Thus as a modification of what I do with warm lemon water, is I keep the temperature down a bit – I’d like to get the benefits of vitamin C.
Lemon Juice and Teeth
- Acids have been known to erode away enamel of the teeth
- perhaps drinking through a straw might help – but this leads to some lines around the mouth which I can Botox – the name of this muscle is the obicularis oris face muscle.
- My own adaptation: I just swish a bit with regular water after drinking lemon water – that goes for lemon aid, orange juice, and grapefruit juice.
Please visit my friend Dana’s Blog
Visit our Plastic Surgery Home Page