FaceBook is a great place to share links from your Blog
However sometimes when you share a link your pictures from your Blog don’t show up predictably. I figured out how to “flush the stored memory” at FaceBook. FaceBook stores these webpages – Caches them for speed, but in the process, if you make changes to the webpage, it doesn’t know that you have new pictures. Then I also figured out how to force it into having the right image for the page. I’ve even think that you can have an image appear that isn’t on that page by using the following techniques – that’s if you wanted to.
I’ve been frustrated with this problem for a while but now I know how to make my plastic surgery webpages show the correct picture. This is not just for blogs, it works with other webpages too.
How to get the picture you want with links and shares on FaceBook
Step 1: Clear the FaceBook Cache
- entering your webpage into https://
Step 2: Add this code
- <link rel=”image_src” href=”http://www.surgerytoday.com/
dr-tammy-wu-plastic-surgeon-run ning-2013-modesto-marathon.jpg” />
- include the “<” and “>” signs in step 2 when placing the text into your website code.
- How do you add code in wordpress? Simply click on the “Text” tab instead of the “Visual” tab on the top right of the edit box.
Step 3: Replace the image location (inbetween quotes) above in the cut and paste section
- Replace this text http://www.surgerytoday.com/
dr-tammy-wu-plastic-surgeon-run ning-2013-modesto-marathon.jpg with your location of your image. You can find the location of your image several ways. One way is load the image on the web and right click on the image and select “copy image URL.”