Dr. Tammy Wu had a discussion over lunch time with our Modesto plastic surgery staff about the Natrelle Style 410 Breast Implants sometimes known as the Gummy Bear Breast Implant. The topic of discussion was when is the Natrelle 410 Breast Implant an appropriate medical device for breast augmentation? The discussion first turned to when it is not an appropriate choice.
The Natrelle 410 Shaped Gel Breast Implant may NOT be appropriate for
- Patients who desire an overly exaggerated upper pole for their breast augmentation
- Patients who have very loose skin envelope
- Wants to be very large breasted
- has pectus excavatum
- has pectus carinatum (these are deformities of the sternum)
- Has significant ptosis (gravity effects), where a mastopexy / Breast Lift is indicated
- Has severe asymmetries
- May not be appropriate for a revision patient due to the possibility that the previous pocket size may be too big.
So you want to switch from your previous implants to the new Natrelle 410 shaped implants
As with the above relative contraindication, this may not be the easiest thing to do due to the possibility that the previous breast implant pocket size may be too big and thus the Natrelle 410 shaped breast implants may rotate. For more information, consider seeing Dr. Tammy Wu for a Breast Augmentation Consultation.
Additional Notes regarding the Natrelle Style 410 Breast Implants
From listening to Dr. Tammy Wu’s discussion today:
The 410 Natrelle implants, which are textured, shaped, highly cohesive silicone gel implants, made by Allergan, were recently approved by the FDA for use in breast augmentation as well as in breast reconstruction.
Many people may wonder, wow, is this finally the right one for me? I want the latest and greatest and the best (and happens also to be the most expensive – costs about twice as much as the regular cohesive gel round silicone gel implants)! The 410 Natrelle Breast implant isn’t for everyone – in fact it isn’t for many of the cosmetic breast patients. It is more popular it seems in the reconstructive breast cancer surgery patients.
After reviewing some literature on the 410 Natrelle implants, it appears that the implants were designed and manufactured with some specific indications in mind.
The 410 Natrelle implant is textured to prevent rotation.
The round silicone gel implants, which were approved in November of 2006, have been very popular since its approval for usage in breast augmentation.
Above bullet list helps to decide who is possibly NOT appropriate for the Natrelle 410 shaped Gel Breast Implant.
How does this Educational on Breast Implants (Natrelle 410) Help me?
- It helps me work better in our Surgical Artistry Modesto Plastic Surgery Office. The more I know, the more I understand what goes on around me. I also get questions during some of my Botox, Fillers, Veins, or Acupuncture sessions.
- To be clear, I (Dr. Calvin Lee) do not do breast augmentation surgeries – they are done by Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Tammy Wu.